Lightmeter - prototype

This is my lightmeter project for taking properly exposed photos with my Canon DSLR. I prefer simple solutions and quick building processes.

Requirements

  • Some Atmel microcontroller with SPI, I2C and at least 6 GPIO pins (optionally with Arduino support). Currently I am using Arduino Nano for prototyping.
  • BH1750 light intensity sensor
  • Some BH1750 Arduino library (for example: here) - This is also usable with my code with little modifications
  • Nokia 5110 LCD
  • LCD5110_Graph Arduino library (from here)
  • 3-4 tactile buttons (4 for the implementation of the HOLD function)
  • Prototype board
  • Wires for prototyping

Prototype board setup


Prototype board with HOLD button setup

Hold button is the rightmost button connected to D8

Simplified program workflow


Images 


Downloads


References and additional information





Comments