RGB LEDs with WiFI control - Part 1

Introduction

After a year of pause, I pushed a new version of my home DIY project. It will be a WiFI controlled RGB LED strip.
The basic idea was I have a long RGB LED strip, and I like to control it over my Raspberry's Node-Red based UI and logic with MQTT message passing.
The hardware base is a NodeMCU, but I'd like to change it to an ESP8266. Used programming language is C++.

Current features

  • Captive portal for first WiFI AP and MQTT parameter setup
  • Save and reload the WiFI configuration if presents
  • Reset the WiFI configuration
  • Save the MQTT parameters with the WiFI configuration
  • Status LEDs for report the module's current status

Further information

Currently the project is in development phase, the driver transistors are presented but not yet used. For the effect of the RGB LED-strip I am using a simple RGB LED.

You can see the code and further details on my GitHub page.

Comments